2017 MJE Tryout Information Sheet
March 21st, 22nd, and 23rd (Tuesday clinic, Wednesday clinic and Tryout on Thursday)
· Check in begins on Tuesday evening at 4:30p.m. For efficiency, please bring all forms printed and filled out to check-in if possible. Please make your $40 tryout fee check payable to MJE Cheer.
3000Northfield Place, Suite 100
Roswell GA 30076
· Tryouts Clinics are Tuesday and Wednesday from 5:00p.m.-7p.m.
· Tryouts are Thursday (current times are set from 5:00-7p.m. but we will be communicating specific times for age groups as needed---this is dependent on the final number of girls trying out. We are attempting to coordinate start times as early as 4:30p.m. in order to get girls completed quickly. Please watch for email)
· Parents are NOT allowed to attend tryout clinics or Tryouts.
Tips for your daughters:
o For Clinic (Tues/Wed)--cheer appropriate attire (tshirt/tank, shorts, cheer/tennis shoes) and white cheer bow (we will have these available for purchase at Tuesday check in if you need one. $10 cash or check (made payable to Heather Braddy)
o Please DO NOT wear any MJE Cheer shirts, bows, etc. Milton High School spirit wear is permitted.
o For Tryouts (Thursday) --White shirt, with red or blue shorts. No-show socks and white tennis/cheer shoes.
o Hair pulled back off face
o White Cheer Bow
o Appropriate minimal makeup
o No jewelry
o Bring a LABELED water bottle.
o Come ready to work with a GOOD ATTITUDE!! The ability to listen to instructions and show respect for coaches is being judged throughout the 3 day process.
Questions that I know you have…
1. What will the girls be learning over the next 2 clinic days? The girls will learn a cheer/chant and a short dance routine. They will work on jumps and have some limited time for tumbling.
2. At tryouts, what is expected? Each girl will tryout in small groups in front of a panel of judges. They will perform both the cheer/chant and dance sequence. They will individually do jumps and have a chance to showcase any tumbling skills that they have.
3. What are you looking for? I am looking for girls with the passion to cheer. Attitude, cheer ability, and tumbling skills---in that order.
4. When and how do we find out if our daughters make the squads? Squads will be announced by Tryout Number on our website (www.miltonjunioreagles.com) under the MJE Cheer Tab by Saturday morning. If your daughter is selected, you will also be sent an email.